Saturday, April 15, 2006

A little juvenile humor to tie us over.

I don't have much material to use today, but I heard something last night that cracked me up. I was with a couple of fellow English teachers Brian and Gina (who are pictured on "One Big Happy Family") at the local watering hole "Tok's", which is owned by our friend Hoki.

Brian and Gina work together at a high school, which is a totally different working experience from what I'm used to. They have an average of forty students per class and do their own lesson planning. No thanks, I'll take my laid back hogwan gig, although they do get a ton of vacation time.

Anyway, the whole point of all this is a name that was dropped in our conversation last night. Brian was talking about one of his students whose name is, get this: "Bum suk". "Suk" is pronounced as "suck". "Bum Suk", hee, hee, hee. Poor guy... I keep thinking of that and giggling. It reminds me of the car dealer in Columbia whose name is Richard Head, or a soccer player in the German Bundesliga whose name is, kid you not: "Harry Cock". Neither one of these names can match the subtlety and hilarity of Brian's favorite Bum Suk. I don't know if anyone else will find this funny, but I'm laughing as I type.

Sorry, I'll publish something meaningful soon, but in the meantime I hope everyone enjoys this account of one Bum Suk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the joke is on you. Chuckie means "balls" in Korean.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the Korean lawyer? --So Su-mi
And the Korean prostitutes? --Mahn Suk-soon, You Suk-mi and Mi-ho
And the Korean singer? --Do Rae-mi
…the bad Korean valet? --Park Noh-jeep
…the Korean night owl? --Sohn So-guhn
…the Jimmy Hendrix fan:? --Jo Gaht-gun…
…The Doors/Jim Morrison fan? --Baek Ohn-du (…to the other side…)
…the schizophrenic? -- Im You-mi

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home