Monday, September 25, 2006

My life in pictures (well, not my WHOLE life)

It's been a while since there's been any color in this blog, so it's time to catch up. After coming back from vacation, I purchased a new camera in Seoul. That day I took a long walk down the Han River with my homie Gina and messed around with my new toy (the camera). I'm kind of worded out from the novel I wrote about the last three days of my last vacation, so I'll spare everyone the heavy reading and let you enjoy the pictures. To your left is a shot of some dragon sculpture thing in Seoul. I dunno.

Next we have a nice sepia shot of the Han River. The lighting for this picture and the positive-negative ratio worked out perfectly. At least that's what a friend who knows an iota about photography told me. It happened in this instance purely by accident. It did work out pretty well.

This is yours truly standing on some overwalk near Itaewon in Seoul. The strap you see on my shoulder is connected to the accessory bag I purchased to keep my camera in. Some want to call it a "man purse", but I prefer the term "bum sack". That term came courtesy of my Australian buddy Sacha.

Next we get to the really important stuff--the soccer picture. I began playing with the Uzbekistan team in Seoul a few weeks back, and have really enjoyed the international league. On this occasion, we beat the German side 4-3, with the deciding goal fortuitously bouncing off my head and somehow landing in the goal. The guys are really friendly and I'm enjoying the league very much. I forgot how much I enjoyed actually being able to talk to my teammates and opponents and be understood.

Last, but not least, I told the three most beautiful women in Korea I'd post their pictures. If you've been following, you should recognize the woman in the black and white picture as Pamela. Pam is Chilean by way of Canada. I often call her a hybrid. She is a lovely poser for pictures, as you all know, but this time I caught her in a natural state. The two women in the other picture are Shannon from New Zealand, and Gina from Milwaukee. Shannon liked this picture very much so I promised her I'd post it. These two are always a pleasure to be around. I ate Egyptian food with them last night and had the best hummus ever.







On a final note, I have to sheepishly acknowledge the butchering of a certain insect's name in the last installment. I have never actually spelled the word "cicada" before, so how was I to know? I'm not one to normally misspell words, so I have to admit my wrongdoing and rectify the mistake. Without further to do: A cicada is any of several insects of the order Hemiptera, suborder Auchenorrhyncha, in the superfamily Cicadoidea, with small eyes wide apart on the head and transparent, well-veined wings. Cicadas live in temperate to tropical climates where they are one of the most widely recognized of all insects, largely due to their large size and remarkable (and often inescapable) acoustic talents. Cicadas are sometimes called "locusts", although they are unrelated to true locusts, which are a kind of grasshopper. Cicadas are related to leafhoppers and spittlebugs. Thanks, wikapedia!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris! Glad to see you got a new camera! I love pictures! Nice to see some of your friends, too. I always enjoy reading about all your adventures--they make me want to travel the world. Hope you are well!

Jess (Stern)

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home