Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Rain, rain, go away!

Last weekend I went to the west coast and enjoyed the mud festival (more on that when I get the pictures). While I was there, something really strange happened: An entire day passed by without any rain!! Of course, I heard that it poured buckets back here in Suwon, but that's to be expected. I cut the weekend short the following day, as it started pouring.

While I'm gathering my photos from the beach, I'd like to take this opportunity to formally complain about the weather. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has been raining for a month straight. It has rained at least 12 straight days here, and I'm talking about pouring rain. Sure, there are a few misty respites throughout the course of the day, but I honestly haven't seen the sun in three weeks. Another week of this and I'm going to start building an ark.

Now, I understand that it's sweltering back home (and if you have a blog, you're welcome to formally complain about that). For crying out loud, though... it's July!!! What kind of summer is this? Hey guess what everybody?: it's pouring outside right now--absolutely dumping rain. I'm reminded of the Vietnam scene in Forrest Gump where he relates the way the rain continues for months and he experiences every kind of rain. I feel you, Forrest.

While it was kind of a novelty when it rained through the entire month of June, it's really getting old now. For the past two weeks I've had students complaining about the rain on a daily basis. I tell them that it rains every day, and there's nothing we can do about it, so there's no need to complain. However, I'm starting to break down and complain myself. Today, when a student complained about the rain, I responded by saying: "I'm with you, this is ridiculous!". Then I walked to the window and called out to the sky: "QUIT!!! Quit raining! It's July! Where is the sun??!!". Nothing happened, though, and it continued to pour to a gloomy grey backdrop.

I'm hoping it will let up by this weekend, but I'm certainly not counting on it. This stuff has to let up some time. It can't rain forever... can it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home