Friday, April 28, 2006

Chak Gu!


First off, I have to apologize for my inability to post a picture with the last entry. I brought my camera to class Wednesday night in hopes of getting a picture and Isabel wasn't there. Isabel is the chief architect behind my latest name change, so I couldn't post a picture without her. I brought my camera to class again Friday evening, but Terry and Stella were absent. We have no class Monday, so I won't be able to get a picture until next Wednesday--if everyone is there. In the meantime...

Meet my chak gu buddies. Pictured is Ho Ki, Sacha, Jung Gu, and some strange fellow with so-so skills. We have been playing soccer volleyball in this park every Tuesday morning. There are four other fellas (all Korean) that play with us, and we always go out to lunch together afterward. I was introduced to this group by my friend Ho Ki, and got Sacha involved. Sacha is my neighbor Shannon's boyfriend from Australia--I felt really tall until he came along. Sacha and I have also been playing pool every Thursday night, which is an activity I was sorely missing.

The way this game works is we tie a tennis net up to a motorcycle and a scooter and play four on four. Each team is allowed three bounces and three touches, but only one touch at a time (no juggling). We start at 8:30 and usually play until 11 or so. Eating together afterwards is a real joy, and I've tried some interesting food. We had a Korean chicken stew last week called Sam Jae Tang that was to die for. Man, did that ever hit the spot! Next week we're trying a certain Korean specialty (except for Sacha and Ho Ki, who won't eat it) which is best eaten when it starts to get warm outside. I don't want to give anything away, but I'll give you a hint: The english word for it rhymes with blog.

This has been good practice for Saturday's games and the comraderie is priceless. Speaking of Saturdays, I'm supposed to get our team picture this weekend, so I'll post that as soon as I get it. In the meantime, I want to wish my Rover and Steinclub brothers back home a healthy and productive season. Miss ya, bhoys.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home