Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Men, the Myth, the Legend


Hi everybody! Sorry about the lack of entries over the last week or so. I felt that the last one was so poignant that it needed time to be properly digested... heh, heh. Actually, as my brother said, when there is a slow time in between a journal entry, it's called a "blag".

Okay, I'm done with the puns for a while. I did need to come up with some material for the latest entry, so I went back to the well and decided to talk about soccer. World cup fever is in overdrive right now. These pictures were taken last Wednesday at Yongin University, which has a wonderful soccer field. I brought my biggest (read: only) fan out to the game, and proceeded to score no goals or have no assists for the first time in Korea... figures. Actually, Bryan came out with Pam, but isn't pictured. He was every bit as enthralled and entertained (read: drunk) as Pam.

I've been putting off doing this entry for a while as I've been trying to get hold of our team pictures (our team name is FC Legend)--to no avail. So I had Pam take some and also took some for myself. If I ever get our team picture where I have long, flowing locks, I'll surely post it. For now, however, here's what you get. On this occasion we didn't play very well, but we had fun, and we all went out to eat afterward.

Why is it that every time I go out to eat with Koreans I feel as if I'm in the banquet scene from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? Chilled monkey brains, anyone? This time dinner consisted of live fish, silkworm larvae (actually grosser than it sounds), and live octopus. I ordered the lasagna, but it never arrived. Live octopus is fun in that it squirms and fights for dear life as you try to pry it away from the plate with chopsticks. Then you dip the squirmy little guy into some wasabi, pop it into your mouth, and chew away. The only way to tolerate food like this is to take it with alot of soju. There were many bottles consumed by this crowd, and a good time was had by all.

Lastly I have a good picture of myself and two of my Korean buddies, but won't be able to access it until Thursday. Consider this a work in progress, but I wanted to get something out there to appease my faithful readers. Thank you to all who sent e-mails saying "What's up with the blag?" It's nice to know that people are reading. Check this entry again Thursday, as it will have more pics. (edit) And here you have it a week and one half later, Jung, myself, and Ki Hong.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... WHICH Thursday?Thursday June 36th?You're a knob...

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home