Sunday, January 01, 2006

And the rockets red glare...





Nice view, eh? I've recently added the word "eh" to my vocabulary thanks to my association with numerous Canadians. Beauty, eh? Take off. As you can see, I spent my New Year's Eve watching fireworks from the rooftop. I wasn't alone this time, as my friends and neighbors Buddy and Haji were with me. We brought a cd boom box with us and listened to Mozart's 40th symphony as a background to the fantastic fireworks show.

I have to say that I've never had this great a view of a fireworks display without dealing with crowds, traffic, and view obstructions. All we had to do was walk upstairs and climb onto the roof. In order to get on the roof we merely have to step out of the fourth floor window onto a narrow ledge where we walk about fifteen feet and climb a rope to the top. Just kidding, mom... there's a ladder inside that leads to the roof. No more laughing in the face of danger.

In addition to the music, we also brought some bubbly with us and toasted the new year. I'm happy that I opted to stay home instead of going into Seoul. I've never been a fan of going out on New Year's Eve, and I have to say that I had a great time last night with the view and the company. The general feeling among us is that 2006 is going to be a great year, but then again it would be kind of stupid to say: "You know, guys... this upcoming year might really suck. I just have that feeling."

I'm truly excited to be where I am, although I really miss everyone. I look forward to sharing more with everyone this year, as I resolve to keep up with the blogs. I'd like to thank all who've read and commented for their support and encouragement as it motivates me to keep writing. Who knows? A little more practice and these things might actually get interesting. Happy New Year and God bless us, everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't have to spend New Year's Eve alone! You sure had a great view!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, I forgot to tell you that I have a MySpace page now that I'll try to keep updated pics on (especially of the girls). Check it out! Ariel, Matt, & Taryn all have one too.
http://www.myspace.com/41370939

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home