Friday, January 06, 2006

A fist full of 'bucks

Okay, I have a really great picture of my favorite Tuesday-Thursday class... and I left the memory card in the office, which is locked up for the weekend. Sorry, but please look forward to the next entry as these kids are ridiculously cute.

In the meantime, I think it's time for another Starbucks rant. I've discovered that Starbucks coffee is my crack. I'm totally hooked and I can't go a week without it. Luckily, there is a Starbucks in every city in the world, so the Seattle born juggernaut can keep me as its slave even on the other side of the world. I was watching Austin Stevens on the discovery channel the other day and I could have sworn I saw a Starbucks in the middle of the jungle. I believe there's also a Starbucks on the moon. Starbucks.

I just purchased a couple of bags at Suwon station, which is basically a gigantic shopping mall/depot. I rarely see other whities in Suwon, but I always see at least one at Starbucks. It's without fail. I saw one today, and we gave each other the obligatory white person's nod. Whenever two white people see each other (two or three times a month), they always nod at each other, as if to say "I see you, whitey.". I did this ritual with a whitey today, and then started laughing. One of my favorite things to do is to try to spot white people in crowds. I do this thing with my neighbor Pam where I nudge her whenever I see a white person and proceed to subtly point at them. Yeah, it's stupid and kind of juvenile, yet I find it endlessly entertaining.
By the way, Starbucks.

This week I found coffee mate at the local Lotte Mart, so my life is now complete. I'm not a purist like my neighbor Buddy, who will only drink Starbucks from a press. Not me, baby. I brew a pot every morning and drink it with coffee mate. It really can't be beat. A couple of weeks ago I ventured out and tried something other than the house blend, only to realize when I got home that it was decaf. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It took about half a day for me to discover how addicted I am to my morning cup, as the headache and general edginess nearly cost my 5 o'clock boys their lives. I corrected my mistake that evening by purchasing a bag of House, and have lived happily since. Starbucks.

Starbucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home